Holidays are coming. Craft projects, holiday decorations, and a lot more activities are so much fun to do. To add sparkle to our projects we often use glitter. From there the glitter spreads everywhere like all over carpets, beddings, face, hair, hand unless you get rid of it completely. Unfortunately, glitter is stubborn and it will usually take more than just brushing at it with your hand to remove it from fabric or skin. Here are a few tips on how to remove glitter from your clothing, face, nails, and hair.
How to Remove Glitter From Your Clothing
Use of Aerosol hairspray is a fantastic way to remove glitter from clothes.
- Liberally spray glitter covered clothing with aerosol hairspray and allow them to fully dry
- Post that wash them as you normally would.
Do not put any other clothing in with your glittery items and make sure you clean out your washer after you’ve washed the glitter covered clothes, so it doesn’t get on the rest of your clothes. Avoid using a hairspray that doesn’t come in an aerosol spray can, since the mist won’t be good enough to be effective.
Lay the clothing out flat on a hard surface.
- Pull a large piece of tape off the tape roll.
- Place the sticky side of the tape down, directly onto the clothing.
- Press down firmly.
- The glitter will stick to the tape. Then pull the tape up from the clothing.
- Repeat the process for complete removal of all the glitter.
Lint rollers are user-friendly and work better on large surface areas.
- Remove the outer wrapping from the roller and roll it up and down over the fabric.
- After making several passes, the adhesive properties will lessen then pull the sticky sheet from the roller along the perforated line, which will reveal a fresh sticky side. Make as many passes as it takes to remove the glitter from the clothing.
How to Remove Glitter From Skin
Use coconut oil
Dip your fingers in the coconut oil and gently rub over the glitter in circular motions to remove it from the skin, followed by removal of oil and remaining glitter with water-soaked cotton over the same area of skin.
How to Remove Glitter From Nails
If you find it tough to remove glitter nail polish from nails, now not to worry. Here is the trick to remove it;
- Soak a cotton ball with nail polish remover (one cotton ball per finger),
- Place it on the nail, and wrap with aluminum foil.
- Let sit for a few minutes and swipe with the cotton ball after and it should come off easily.
How to Remove Glitter From Hair
Pour the liberal amount of good quality olive oil on hand, generously coat your scalp, massage for deep conditioning and leave for about 10 minutes then rinse it out thoroughly. The glitter will wash away with the oil and your hair will feel smooth, silky and moisturized. For oily hair, apply regular shampoo, work it into a lather, and then rinse the oil and shampoo from your hair thoroughly.